I’m pretty excited about the Meet of Champions being held this weekend in Toms River NJ. All the kids nervous systems are prepped and ready to explode!
Athletes participating at the Meet of Champions:
- Katharine Taylor (St. Rose HS) -30’8ft
- Danielle Notarfrancesco (Jackson Liberty HS) 36+ft
- Michelle Mazza (Ocean Twp. HS) -41’10ft
- Luke Grodeska (St. Rose HS) -44ft
- Andrew Liskowitz (Christian Brothers Academy) -47’3ft
- Alden Littlefield (Allentown HS) -48’10ft
- Vlad Castillo (Montgomery HS) -55’5ft
- Jason Bryan (Rumson Fairhaven HS)- 60+ft
- Nick Pulli (West Deptford HS) -63ft
- Thomas Rue 400 meters/800 meters (Red Bank Catholic) :53/2:02
All of these athletes have been following a specific plan other than Katherine & Danielle. Even though I started with them late and haven’t had them follow a plan, I have worked with their technique. If they perform certain points of their technique correctly then they will throw a personal best easily! As for the rest of the kids, all can throw a pr or at least tie their best throw. Either way I think all will have fun!
After this meet it’s onto High School Nationals in Maryland, but the question is, do they want to throw far at Indoor Nationals or Outdoor Nationals? The rebuilding plan is ready to go and if they decide to do it then their throws will flatten out. It’s depressing but this sets us up for a huge outdoor season!