South Jersey Throws Camp at R.C.G.C.
July 29th 2017
INSIDE ACCESS if it rains, but we will also be doing stuff outside also!
The South Jersey Throws Camp at RCGC is a first for the College. Cousins, Joseph Kalnas and Jon Kalnas will be conducting a throws camp that will include the shot put, discus, Hammer Throw (drills) and Javelin throw (drills and turbo jav throws).
This Camp will BREAK DOWN the elements of the throw per athlete. That means your child will be treated according to what their STRENGTH and WEAKNESSES are.
Many camps are “cookie cutter” in that they give general terminology and have the athletes perform the same movement not taking into consideration their abilities.
We have worked with many athletes and each is an Individual! We strive to give them feedback that they can utilize in their future training! At the end of the camp each athlete will be given a STRENGTH & CONDITIONING program that is designed specifically for THROWERS ONLY!
-Check- In: 8:30am
-Introduction of Coaches: 9:00am
-Group Warm Up: 9:15am
-Break off to desired events: 9:45-12:30pm
-Continuation of throwing: 1:45-4:30pm
*Lunch will be provided by the camp. Water will be available throughout the day at each throwing event station.
*Implements will be provided but it’s encouraged to bring their own just in-case we run low.
*Due to the insurance, we can not actually throw the hammer and javelin, but we will be drilling these events and throwing the turbo javelin & weighted knocking balls.
Drop off/Parking is Lot G
RCGC 1400 Tanyard Rd, Sewell, NJ 08080
Link to Map: CLICK HERE
MEET THE COACHES
Joseph Kalnas AS. BA. C.S.C.S.
R.C.G.C. Men’s and Women’s Assistant Coach, Head Throws/Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Former thrower from Paulsboro High School
- US Olympic Committee and USATF Recognized Emerging Elite Coach 2006
- 2x National Asst. Coach of the Year (’11 & ’17)
- 15 Individual National Champions
- 25 All Americans
- 20+ Individual Region 19/Northeast District Champions
Jonathan Kalnas BS, U.S.A.W.
Sports Performance Coach for Critical Mass Training Systems/Strength Athletes
- Former thrower for Paulsboro High School with a personal best of 66’7ft
- Monmouth University 3x All American with a personal best of 19.67m (64’6″ft)
- Post Collegian personal best 20.19m (66.3ft)
- Olympic Trials Competitor
- Produced multiple NJ State & Meet of Champions winners
- Over 1 million dollars in scholarships awarded to his athletes
You can pay through the shopify link below or you can pay at check in the day of. If you decide to pay the day of please be aware that the cost will be $90.00!
Any questions concerning the camp, please feel free to contact me at StrengthAthletes@gmail.com